Wednesday 16 March 2011

Chalet blaze teen relives eight months of hell


A 19-year-old burns victim spoke about his agony as he prepares to undergo his sixteenth operation.

Kyle Stewart was the worst injured out of his four friends after a wooden chalet they were staying in caught alight last July.

The chalet at Beechtree Caravan Park in Keith burst into flames due to a faulty gas canister.

He spoke about his ordeal for the first time in eight months.

“I’m just in agony all the time, the pain is 24 hours. Everyone else says there is an improvement but I haven’t seen it.”

His mother, Tracey Stewart said: “He is really down all the time and is always upset and cries a lot. It breaks my heart every time I go in. I just want to cuddle him but I can’t. I don’t know what to do.”

Mr Stewart says he remembers nothing of the night of the incident.

The four other boys involved in the fire all suffered burns but left hospital after treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment